Holy Trinity is a Church of England (Anglican) parish church in the ancient parish of Bickerstaffe in Lancashire.
The church was built in 1843 in a joint deal between Lord Derby and the local parishioners. Lord Derby donated the stone on condition that the parishioners collected and moved it. The North Aisle is mid-Victorian built about 1870, and the vestry is early 20th century. The building is of historical interest not only because it shows several periods of building but more importantly because of its roof structure.
The church must be one of the first churches to be built with a laminated roof structure which only became popular in 1900. The Victorian section of the church was built with a straight wood structure.
We are part of a United Benefice with St Michael’s Aughton our neighbouring parish.
Holy Trinity Bickerstaffe, Church Rd, Bickerstaffe, Ormskirk Lancs L39 0EB.
Click below for our Facebook page and Twitter account-