New Magazine below-
Bickerstaffe News and Dates
Dates for your diary
- 3rd March Men’s breakfast
- 4th March Baptism
- 13th March Coffee morning
- 13th March Parochial Church Council meeting
- 23rd March Bingo
- 13th April Wigan Ukulele Band
- 19th April Shared Ministry Team meeting
- 24th April Annual General Meeting
- 28th April Table top sale at Four Lane Ends Mission
- 17th May Archdeacon’s Visitation
- 9th June Treat Day
- 22nd June Charnock Richard Brass Band Concert
- 14th July Summer Fair
Special church services at 10.45am in 2018
- 11th March Mothering Sunday
- 13th May Commemoration of the departed
- 10th June First Communion Service
- 15th July Bickerstaffe Civic Service
- 9th September Back to Church Sunday
- 14th October Harvest Celebration
- 11th November Remembrance Service
- 9th December Christingle Service
On Sunday 11th February a special Presentation and Dedication of the new Pew Bibles took place.
The congregation were invited to donate a Bible in memory of a loved on. A special dedication service led by Reverend Andrew Housley took place and families and friends were present to have the new Bibles blessed.
The new Bibles will be used for many years to come and are an important part of our church history.
Details of the service below.
Sporting Challenge based in West Lancashire is going to be ten years old this year. The charity will be having a tenth year anniversary celebration in the summer. Sporting Challenge is a family led charity started in 2008 operating in West Lancashire supporting people with learning disabilities, where all members of the board of Trustees are parents and carers themselves.
Sporting Challenge are asking West Lancashire residents and businesses for their help.
Activities Coordinator Edward McCarthy: “I would like to ask the generous residents and businesses of West Lancashire to make a donation to our charity in its tenth year. This will help us reach the next ten years. You could make a one off donation or sponsor one of our activities. Please email email@example.com or call 07971 299606.”
Edward adds: “I would like to thank everyone who has been involved over the ten years. The support staff, the parents and carers, the trustees, the committee members and members of the group itself who come to all our activities and have such a great time week in week out.”
Sporting Challenge organises sporting activities to encourage people with learning disabilities to keep fit and healthy. They organise activities which include: Aerobics, Bowling, Boccia, Kurling, Zumba/Dance, Swimming and other Fitness Activities. Last year the charity organised its first short break.
They currently support around 50 people in the West Lancashire area to access a variety of activities by providing transport to and from their homes and the appropriate sessional workers to support them whilst carrying out the activities. This number is set to grow over the years to come. Around a third of its members are aged 16-22.
For more details visit www.sporting-challenge.org.uk or call 07971 299606.