“Two weeks ago I discovered a bat in church tucked up asleep under the altar cloths. It’s been around since then going up to the balcony. Yesterday back by the altar. So today with Mum’s help we caught it in a bat containment box. Then I rang a local Bat volunteer who came from Billinge , it’s an unusual type of pipistrelle a male. In good health, information broken nail and he was very thirsty. He will be released back to Bickerstaffe in a few days. No flash was used to take photos.”
Edward McCarthy. 19-9-18.
The Summer Fair will be held on July 14th, 2pm-4pm on the Parish Fields and will be opened by Rev Martin Adams. Come and enjoy the stalls including the grand raffle, tombola, cake stall, plant stall, fancy goods, book stall , cake raffle, face paints, birds of prey, and more besides! Proceeds to Holy Trinity. Please come and enjoy the afternoon!
Raffle has prizes including tickets for two Virgin Trains Standard return tickets, wine, a Booths Voucher, a Vintage Inns Voucher, a Derby Arms Voucher and much more…….
Parish Field- Hall Lane, Bickerstaffe, Ormskirk Lancs L39 0EH.
New Magazine click below-
Bickerstaffe News and Dates
- 14th July Summer Fair
- 1st September Churchyard tidy
- 27th September Shared Ministry Team
Special church services at 10.45am in 2018
- 15th July Bickerstaffe Civic Service
- 9th September First Communion
- 14th October Harvest Celebration
- 11th November Remembrance Service
- 9th December Christingle Service
- June 20th Mother’s Union trip to Golden Days Garden Centre.
- June 30th Park Praise (Coronation park-cakes if possible please).
- Summer Fair 14th July list for stall holders available.
- July 15th Civic Service and walk from Heyescroft.
- Afternoon Tea 19th July 2-4 in the Mission £5 for Pensioner’s Fund.
- July 30th M.M.T invite you to a meal at the Cricketers £10 deposit required.£18 for two course, Three courses £22 menu to follow (or have a look on-line).
Here is the new magazine-