Some photos from our Palm Sunday Service today on the 14th April.
Some photos from our Palm Sunday Service today on the 14th April.
Holy Week and Easter
Holy Week Communion
During Holy Week, there will be reflections with Holy Communion in St Michael’s Church Hall at 11am on the following days; 15th, 16th, 17th April.
There will be a symbolic Passover meal at each church from 7pm.
Good Friday liturgy at St Michael’s from 10am
Hot Cross Bun Service at Holy Trinity from 10am
Prayers around the cross (Taizé service) at Holy Trinity from 2pm
Good Friday Walk of Witness
The Churches Together in Ormskirk lead an annual Good Friday Service at the Clock Tower at 12noon followed by Hot Cross Buns in New Church House, next to the Parish Church. If you would like to take part in the walk of witness then please meet at St Anne’s Parish Centre from 11.30pm.
Sunrise Service at St Michael’s from 6am.
Early Celebration at Mossock Hall from 7pm followed by hot drinks in the clubhouse.
There will be an Easter Bonnet Parade (for all ages) during the 10.30am celebration at Aughton and at the 10.45am celebration at Bickerstaffe. Following the services there will an egg hunt for the children.
Today’s School Communion service was led by the Bishop of Whitby Paul Ferguson who had come to visit us. Also visiting was Vicar of Ingleby Barwick, Clay Roundtree.
This was part of a special week of visits. More details below…
The Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu is bringing bishops from across the north to the Diocese of Liverpool for a weekend of events from the 7th to the 10th March. The weekend of activities is called Tell Serve Give. The Archbishop and Bishops will be supporting events that take place from Southport to Wigan, Liverpool to Warrington, as the Church of England puts on a range of fun activities across the Diocese of Liverpool.
Archbishop Sentamu will be getting involved in the action in a host of places.
Particular highlights of the Archbishop’s programme include:-
· Visiting a Walking Football match at the Anfield Sports and Community Centre Friday 8th March involving former stars from Liverpool’s first team.
· Visiting Alsop School in Liverpool, King George Sixth Form College.
· Taking part in a mass clean-up of Formby beach with the National Trust on Saturday 9th March.
· Starting the St Helens 10k run on Sunday 10th March.
· Attending Civic Breakfasts at Ormskirk Parish Church on Thursday 7th March and at the Western Approaches on Friday 8th March.
· Dropping in on a Messy Church event for children in Bootle and a mass bubble praise party with renowned Christian children’s entertainer Doug Horley at the Halton Stadium, Widnes.
· Meet the Archbishop at Bents Garden Centre on Sunday 10th March.
Other highlighted events from the Bishops’ attending Tell Serve Give mission weekend of events include:-
· A visit to Liverpool Prison on Friday 8th March, led by the local churches.
· On 7th March Churches in Grassendale, Liverpool will celebrate International Lady’s Day where they are appealing for sanitary products for those who can’t afford them.
· Lego fun in Woolston on Saturday 9th March.
· An event “Who’s speaking in our grieving” in Knowsley on Saturday 9th March.
· A Jazz night in Whiston on Saturday 9th March.
· A visit to support the work of AppleCast NW which helps young people get out in the countryside in Newburgh on Friday 8th March.
· An evening with the talented comedian John Archer in St Helens Saturday 9th March.
· A Prosecco and Pizza Night in Toxteth And Wavertree.
· Acoustic night at the Baltic Social on Thursday 7th March.
· Brass band event at the Bombed out church St Luke’s on Saturday 9th March.
· A desert Island Discs style evening with Wine and Cheese in Aspull on Friday 8th March.
· Lazerquest Central St Helens on Friday 8th March.
· Haigh Hall Park Run, Wigan Saturday 9th March.
· Grill a bishop at the Grand Central Arcade in Wigan on Saturday 9th March.
· Market chat at Earlestown with a team of people available to answer questions on Saturday 9th March.
· Colour me beautiful at The Victorian Tea Rooms Glazebury on Saturday 9th March.
· A Greatest Showman sing a long party at Christ Church Southport on Saturday 9th March.
· Healing on the streets at Lord Street, Southport on Saturday 9th March.
· Auction Sale at ST Philip, Paul and Wesley, Southport on Saturday 9th March.
( And of course Bishop of Whitby Paul Ferguson and Vicar of Ingleby Barwick, Clay Roundtree visiting Bickerstaffe for School Communion on Friday 8th March….)
The Archbishop will launch the activities with a special one hour commissioning service at Liverpool Cathedral on Thursday 7th March at 2pm. You can find details of events taking place over the weekend at www.achurchnearyou.com by searching TellServeGive19.
Archbishop Sentamu said “It is wonderful that the churches across the Diocese of Liverpool have committed to Tell, Serve, Give: together we are telling our families, friends, neighbours about the love of God as made known to us in Jesus Christ. Churches are engaging in a huge variety of events as they seek to serve others and to show God’s love in their local community. This will be a great weekend. I am looking forward to meeting many people across the Diocese and hope to see you at one of these fantastic events.”
Bishop Paul added “I am delighted to welcome Archbishop Sentamu and my colleagues for this weekend of diverse activities around the Diocese of Liverpool. But I am more excited at the prospect of meeting a whole host of new people who I hope will join in with what’s going on in their local church or worshipping community. From Wigan to Widnes, Southport to St Helens and right across the Liverpool City Region we have activities for all ages, This may be church as people have never seen it before and I would love the curious to look out for their local event and come, see and join in”
Photos below from Bickerstaffe C of E School Twitter page.
Today’s Family Service on Sunday 10th February was a special Lego Service led by Andrew.
Here are some photos.
Lego Exhibition and Service
There will be a Lego Exhibition at Holy Trinity Bickerstaffe on Saturday 9th February from 12noon. Refreshments will be served. If you would like to exhibit Lego you have made, please bring it along. This will be followed on Sunday 10th February with a special Lego inspired service.
Holy Trinity Church Bickerstaffe.
Today is Christmas Eve and we had a lovely Christmas Eve Crib Service. Thank you to everyone who came and everyone who helped.
Some photos from the Carol Service which took place on 23rd December.
A big thank-you to all the readers, the choir, Aaron for singing, and to everyone who helped preparing the church for the night. Why not come to the Crib Service at 4pm on Christmrias Eve?
Then Holy Communion Christmas Eve 11:30pm or Christmas Day Service at 10:45am.