Organ

The Church Organ


MVC-304F.jpg (74570 bytes)
The original Wilkinson Organ Console 1879-1979

MVC-065F.jpg (94351 bytes)

MVC-099F2.jpg (79482 bytes)
Marjorie Johnson at the current Organ Console

MVC-068F.jpg (74676 bytes)
Organ pipes as viewed from the Nave

The organ was manufactured by Wilkinson’s of Kendal. For a number of years the organ and choir were housed in a gallery over the west door (photos exist showing the exact location). The organ was moved in 1860 when the North Aisle was constructed (see photograph on History page). The pipes from the original organ were very valuable, a gift from the Earl and Countess of Derby. Sadly, when the organ was moved a second time to its present location, these original pipes were not included in the design. The current organ console and electronic action are recent additions to the organ.

Information reproduced by kind permission of Owen Taylor

GREAT
Trumpet 8
Mixture III Rks
Fifteenth 2 2/3
Twelfth 2
Stopped Flute 4
Principal 4
Salicional 8
Stopped Diapason 8
Open Diapason 8
Contra Salicional T.C. 16
SWELL
Clarion 4
Trumpet 8
Double Trumpet T.C. 16
Mixture III Rks
Piccolo 2
Nazard 2 2/3
Salicet 4
Leiblich Flute 4
Gemshorn 4
Salicional 8
Leiblich Gedackt 8
Principal 8
3 adjustable thumb and toe pistons 3 adjustable thumb and toe pistons
PEDAL
Trumpet 8
Flute 4
Octave 4
Bass Flute 8
Principal 8
Bourdon 16
COUPLERS
Swell to Great
Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal
Great and Pedal Combinations Coupled
Tremulant

28 Speaking Stops

4 Couplers

1 Tremulant

33 Stops in Total